Patient Participation Group
The purpose of the Phoenix Health Group Patient Participation Group is to represent the patients in appropriate matters, bring to the attention of the Surgery’s Partners and staff areas where patients feel improvements can be made and to implement a number of these improvements where appropriate and agreed.
At present there are approximately 80 members of the Group. The members have been chosen to be representative of the Surgery’s demographics. We are very keen to recruit new members, particularly in the 16 – 45 age group.
The PPG is currently co-chaired by Peter Jay and Chris Smith.
Please click on the appropriate tab above if you would like to see the PPG’s terms of reference, the results of the latest PPG survey or the minutes of the last PPG meeting.
You can also contact the PPG by selecting the Contact Us tab.
Terms of Reference
The Phoenix Health Group Patient Participation Group will:
- 1) Identify and discuss practice priorities and issues, including themes from patients concerns;
- 2) Assist the Practice and its patients by arranging voluntary support groups;
- 3) Identify and implement each year an agreed programme of projects/activities;
- 4) React in an agreed and supportive way to present and future Government initiatives that affect the Practice;
- 5) Liaise with other PPGs in the area, the Phoenix Trust, Healthwatch, the CQC to promote best practice;
- 6) Communicate information about the community that may affect healthcare;
- 7) Seek funding for medical equipment or other facilities to improve the Practice and/or fund the activities of the PPG.
Under the General data protection regulation (GDPR) every organisation needs to have a privacy Notice detailing how it will use any personal information it holds.
Survey Results, Reports and Activities
Health Promotion – Summer 2017
National Diabetes Awareness Week – In order to promote National Diabetes Awareness Week members of the PPG spent time in the Practice’s Waiting Areas raising awareness through information handouts, displays and a quiz. The event was a great success with many patients getting involved.
Patient Survey Results
- Patient Satisfaction Survey 2018 – Action Plan
- Patient Survey Results 2017
- Patient Survey Results 2016
- PPG minutes 1st December 2021
- PPG minutes 22 September 2021
- PPG minutes 23 June 2021
- PPG minutes 31 March 2021
- PPG minutes 21 November 2018
- PPG minutes 19 September 2018
- PPG minutes 4 July 2018
- PPG minutes 11 April 2018
- PPG Action Plan 2018
- PPG Co-Chairs Report
- PPG Practice Annual Report April 18
- PPG minutes 10 January 2018